There are two ways to transfer your current number to Virgin Mobile by following a few SIMple steps.
The first option is to do this during the sign-up process.
- Select 'BRING YOUR CURRENT NUMBER'
- Enter your number and select the operator
- Select 'I have a valid Emirates ID' box (this also applies to passports)
- Confirm request
Alternatively, you can transfer your number after you complete the sign-up process on your Virgin Mobile app. For iOS devices, tap on 'More' in the menu at the bottom of the screen. For Android devices, open your side menu.
- Spot your name and tap on it to go to the ‘My Profile’ screen
- Tap on 'My numbers', then on ‘BRING MY OWN NUMBER’
- Enter your password and follow the instructions
- You can also click here to be directed to the relevant screen
If you are transferring your number from Etisalat to Virgin Mobile, this will take up to 1 day. If you are transferring your number from Du to Virgin Mobile, this could take up to 2 days on average.
In the meantime, we will assign you a temporary number so you can enjoy our services right away. Once the transfer is complete, we will disconnect your temporary number, permanently change it to your transferred number and notify you of the change.
Things to know:
- Use your own ID (Emirates ID or Passport) to set up your Virgin Mobile account and bring your number
- Make sure the number you are transferring is registered under your own name with your previous operator
- Make sure the number you are transferring is active
- Make sure the number you are transferring is not an Enterprise number 'company/employer number'
- Make sure you don't have any outstanding amount with your previous operator.