This Acceptable Use of Service Policy (AUSP) document including the following list of prohibited activities is an integral part of your service agreement with us. If you engage in any of the activities prohibited by this AUSP document, we may have to suspend or terminate your service and/or account.
This AUSP (the "Policy") is designed to help protect us, our customers and the internet community in general from irresponsible use and illegal activities. The policy is a non-exclusive list of the prohibited actions. We reserve the right to modify the policy at any time, and it is the end user’s responsibility to stay current.
Prohibited Uses of Virgin Mobile UAE’s systems and services
a. Prohibited by the Government of the UAE
- Using your service to transmit, distribute or store any material (using email, uploading, posting, or otherwise) that infringes any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, or other proprietary rights of any third party, including but not limited to the unauthorised copying of copyrighted material, the digitisation and distribution of music, video or photographs from magazines, books, or other copyrighted sources and the unauthorised transmittal of copyrighted software or any material deemed illegal in the UAE
- Unauthorised attempts by a user to gain access to any account or computer resource not belonging to that user (e.g., “hacking”, "cracking")
- All technologies which allow bypassing the filtering mechanisms set up by the service provider to block access to certain internet content per UAE law is prohibited unless specifically authorized by the service provider or the Telecommunications Regulatory Authority (TRA)
- Obtaining or attempting to obtain service by any means or device with intent to avoid payment
- Knowingly engaging in any activities designed to cause a denial of service to any other user on any service provider's network
- Using the service to harm, harass, degrade, or intimidate an individual or group of individuals on the basis of religion, gender, race, ethnicity, age, or determination
- Using the service to make fraudulent offers to sell or buy products, items or services or to advance any financial scams like pyramid schemes, Ponzi schemes and chain letters
- Adding, removing or modifying identifying network header information in an effort to deceive or mislead
- Using the service to access or to attempt to access the accounts of others, or to penetrate or attempt to penetrate security measures of any service provider or another entity's computer software or hardware, electronic communications systems or telecommunications systems, whether or not the intrusion results in the corruption or loss of data
- Using the service to collect or attempt to collect personal information about third parties without their knowledge or consent
- Using the service to harm minors in any way
- Using the service to transmit, distribute or store any material that contains explicit or graphic descriptions or accounts of sexual acts (including but not limited to sexual language of a violent or threatening nature directed at another individual or group of individuals)
- Using the service to transmit, distribute or store any material which contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed or intended to disrupt, damage or limit the functioning of any software, hardware or telecommunications equipment or to damage or obtain unauthorised access to any data or other information of any third party or impersonating any person or entity
- Participating in gambling, lottery or similar activities
b. Prohibited by the Telecommunications Regulatory Authority (TRA) of the UAE
- Using the service to transmit any unsolicited commercial email or unsolicited bulk email. Activities which have the effect of facilitating unsolicited commercial email or unsolicited bulk email, whether or not that email is commercial in nature
- Running unconfirmed mailing lists. Subscribing email addresses to any mailing list without the express and verifiable permission of the email address owner is prohibited. All mailing lists run by the service provider’s customers must be of a closed-loop (i.e., "confirmed opt-in") type. The subscription confirmation message received from each address owner must be kept on file for the duration of the existence of the mailing list. Mass emails (from any domain hosted by the service provider) to lists of email addresses purchased from third parties or referencing any of its accounts
- Advertising, transmitting or otherwise making available any software, program, product or service that is designed to violate this AUSP or the AUSP of any other service provider, including but not limited to the facilitation of the means to send unsolicited bulk email, initiation of pinging, flooding, mail-bombing and denial of service attacks
- All services and technologies that allow the transmitting, receiving, delivering and routing of voice telecommunications by means of Internet Protocol (also known as VoIP), unless specifically authorized by the service provider or the Telecommunications Regulatory Authority (TRA)
Using your service to interfere with other parties’ access to the internet or disrupting our network, this includes continual excessive use causing a loss of bandwidth availability to the rest of the system users.
Reselling our service without our authorisation, including sharing the service via a wired or wireless connection with computers or other devices not physically located at your address.
- Don’t share account information
- Don’t leave your username and password in the open
- If you feel that your account has been compromised, change your username and password immediately
- Don’t save usernames or passwords, enter them at each login
- You are responsible for protecting your own equipment. Anti-virus software and personal firewalls are not required, but we encourage you to use them
- You will be responsible for any misuse of our services from your account
- You’re responsible for protecting your accounts and must take steps to ensure that others do not gain unauthorized access to your account or misuse our services
Our administrators, staff, and executives have sole and final discretion over all aspects of our network, service, this AUSP, and any legal interpretations of it. We reserve the right to terminate any account or service without cause or prior notice.
Violations and monitoring
We don’t intend to actively monitor the content of websites, e-mail, newsgroups or material created or accessible over our services, but we reserve the right to monitor such services or any services on or within our network.
Reporting violations and complaints
If you know of any violations or attempted violations, please reach out to us via:
When reporting anything to us, please include:
- The internet protocol address used to commit the alleged violation
- The date, time and time zone of the violation
- Evidence of the violation, including, if applicable, full headers from emails, firewall logs, traffic dumps or information pertaining to the events in question. Please do not send this material as an attachment, include it in the body of the email text
- Don’t send excerpts of a message; sending the entire message with full headers helps prevent misunderstandings based on incomplete information or information taken out of context